The first step for foreign conference attendees is to obtain a visa to visit Russia. Attendees are recommended to contact the Russian Consulates in their countries to clarify the respective visa requirements.
Some conference attendees may require additional documentation such as a personal Letter of Invitation. We are happy to provide it to you. If you need such a Letter, please indicate it in the Registration form during online registration.
Visa and Passport Requirements
To enter the Russian Federation every foreign citizen should have:
- Valid Russian Entry Visa (please check the exceptions on the website of your Russian Consulate. A list of all Russian Consulates is available on the site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia)
- Valid passport for entry to the Russian Federation (the expiry date must exceed the planned date of your departure from Russia by 6 months);
- Migration card, which will be provided in the airplane or at the airport. Please fill it in and keep with you during your stay in Russia. You are expected to present it to the customs upon arrival and departure.
Your passport and Entry Visa will be checked and verified by a Passport Control Officer upon arrival and departure, at the hotel, when purchasing tickets and when traveling by train, ship, airplane or local/international carriers.
How to apply to the Russian Visa
In order to prepare letters to support your visa applications as Conference participants please note that we detached 2 main ways to obtain visas for Conference, which are various for different countries (with some countries the RF has the reduced system of visa obtaining!).
1. To obtain visas for the people who have citizenship of EC countries, including the Netherlands, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, etc. (with these countries the RF has the reduced system of visa obtaining!).
To make the visa in this case you need:
- The Visa Invitation Letter (scan is enough usually)
We, as a host organization, make the invitation letters according to the rules of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
- Filled visa application form
- Current passport which should be valid for a minimum of six months after visa’s expiration date and has at least 2 blank pages which do not need to be consecutive;
- One recent passport size photo;
- Medical insurance policy
These documents are accepted in Russian visa centers in your country (time for consideration – 10 days).
2. The procedure of visa obtaining for the people who have non-European citizenship, including Great Britain, the procedure a little bit more complicated. We, as a host organization, should register all the documents for visa in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. Visa application in this case could take about 1,5 – 2 months.
All Conference participants are kindly requested to mail your visa request form to ECCO 2018 Conference before June, 1.
To apply for a Russian visa, you should first register for the Conference and pay the registration fee. (Invited speakers skip this step.)
(1) Please send by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org a clear scanned copy (300-600 dpi) of your passport two pages with your photo
(2) Please fill on-line form for Invitation letter and check the confirmation on your e -mail.
After receiving this information, Secretary of organizing committee will send you Visa Invitation Letters by e-mail (for EC countries citizens) or by Express Mail (for non-EC countries citizens).
With all the documents required please visit the Russian Consulate/Embassy to apply for a Russian visa. You can apply for visa by yourself or via a representative.
NB! To avoid any misunderstanding, kindly ask you to consult your local Russian Consulate/Embassy for the list of documents required.
Conference organizers are not liable for any accidents or mishaps in any events that it sponsors. All participants must make sure they have their own adequate insurance cover (travel and medical).